Aix-en-Provence, France, April 17 2013– Today, Componize Software releases its 1.6 version, offering Componize DITA CMS with the option of a fully-integrated oXygen web authoring component.
The new Author Component is seamlessly integrated into the Componize interface, allowing customers to take advantage of all that oXygen and Componize DITA CMS have to offer without switching applications. Componize 1.6 with oXygen web integration runs on standard Internet browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
In particular, the Author Component offers the following features and capabilities:
- Intelligent search — The new intelligent search allows any combination of full-text and DITA metadata search, and filtering by type: topic, image, task, etc.. It also allows the possibility to add conditional searches, with criteria added from within the DITA CMS (favorites, topics with issues, recently accessed).
- Faster insert — Intuitive shortcuts make inserting content simple. Once content is selected, it can be inserted as a topic reference, a content reference or an image reference. Users can quickly add new topics from DITA maps in one click, with the possibility to open and directly edit them.
- One work environment — Users work more efficiently without switching applications. With no additional login necessary, the “Author” page is quickly accessible and runs on any operating system on standard Internet browsers.
- Easy reviewing — Author Component includes working on multiple topics, but also extensive editing, highlighting, and commenting. With a robust track changing tool, reviewers are identified and authors can easily manage changes and comments, making it easy to involve non-technical authors.
- Map manager — With the Map manager view, the information architect can preview the content of the ditamap, drag and drop files to modify the content architecture, and leverage the subjectScheme map to offer filtering specific values.
Audit trail and other advanced features
On top of this integration, Componize now boosts compare on a collection of topics, with content added, renamed modified and deleted with direct view of content modification; and compare any previous versions on an audit trail —with enhanced or text views, on any previous version.
MathML – the W3C mathematical annotation language is supported for DITA information types. Now the interface also provides easy filtering and inserting of equations with previews and indexing facilities. Publishing is enabled for multiple formats along with an integration with several leading editors.
“I was happy to see the Componize integration of the oXygen Author Component previewed at the oXygen Users Meetup in Frankfurt a few months ago,” says George Bina, co-founder of Syncro Soft, the company that develops oXygen XML Editor. “The interface is so simple, non-intimidating, and every task was carefully analyzed to provide a natural workflow for the user to easily accomplish each operation.”
“We’re extremely proud of our oXygen integration,” says CTO Frank Shipley. “Our technical team has been working tirelessly to make the user experience as smooth as possible, and we’re already getting positive feedback from clients that say it’s one of the most coherent authoring environments they’ve encountered yet. Plus it’s a time-saver: our web component loads content even faster than oXygen desktop.”
“The oXygen integration opens up a number of possibilities,” says CEO Jean-Luc Borie. “One of the great things about it is that non-experts can easily access, edit and review content in this interface. Componize has always been a great tool for collaboration, and the new author component is the latest addition to a number of tools that facilitate working together. The simplicity of having one single streamlined interface reduces the learning curve and increases productivity across the board.”
For more information about Componize, version 1.6, visit www.componize.com.
For a free trial, email email@example.com
For more information about Syncro Soft and their oXygen portfolio of products, please visit www.oxygenxml.com
Componize is a DITA content management system that optimizes the authoring, management and publishing of high-volume product information such as product documentation or learning content.
Combining enterprise-wide collaboration, ease of use, scalability and an open architecture, it provides the full range of features that organizations need today for their content strategy. Spend less time organizing, searching for and re-doing content, and more time creating real value through better reuse and faster multi-channel production. Componize is today modernizing information development for AMD, SAP and NXP, among others.